scalaBin is the norwegian scala user group, and is organized as part of the norwegian java user group. The group is based on volunteer work, and meet up through an online mailing list and meetings. There is activity in several parts of Norway.
In the last year, the group has arranged nine meetings, an introductory scala course has been developed, the JavaZone presentation proposal application SubmitIT (with a frontend written in Scala) became operative, and the scala community, both norwegian and from the rest of the world, accounted for 8% of the presentations at JavaZone 2010.
If you wish to get involved in scalaBin, if you are curious, or if you seek help with a scala-based problem, please join our mailing list and drop us a line. Register on the scala email list page, http://lister.java.no/mailman/listinfo/scala
"Forresten, epost, møter og diskusjoner foregår på norsk. Norsk i denne sammenhengen kan brukes som en ikke entydig DSL for å uttrykke glede og interesse språket Scala"
- Scala site
- Our mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International lists http://www.scala-lang.org/node/199
- Blogs: http://www.planetscala.com/
- IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/scala
- Books (published and ongoing): http://www.scala-lang.org/node/959
- scalaBin's Scala training course: Slides and code
- Planned meetings
- Proposals for meeting topics